Monday, September 18, 2006

From the Pens of Babes | by Jay

BGS reader [name redacted to protect the innocent] just sent us this story. I'm sure many of you can relate.

Against my own better judgment, I submit to you what my 7-year-old son made for me during the ND-Mich game.

As you all know, Notre Dame brings out the best and worst of us during both wins and losses. And Saturday was no exception. Sometime during the 3rd or 4th quarter (it didn't really matter considering how the game was going), my son, who has acquired my fanatical ND Football gene as well as an astute attention to detail, noted by putting pen to paper just how Daddy (me) carries himself during a Fightin' Irish telecast.

With both giddy enthusiam and a tinge of embarrassment, I give you: The Happy Daddy...



...and the Bad Notre Dame Daddy.



(Yes, he wrote it. What can I say, he's a good speller.)

I've officially been banned from watching the games in front of the kids by my wife. And I realize it is a good thing for all.

Oh the humanity!

Go Irish!

Yours truly,
Parent Anonymous (Seriously, don't post my real name, I beg of you!)