Friday, December 17, 2004

the 10 Stages of Coaching Search Emotions | by Jay

In the wake of reports that Al Golden will remain at UVA...

1. Hmm, never heard of that guy before.

2. The more I read, the more I like.

3. Wow -- he's great! I hope we get him.

4. Holy Jesus, he's just about perfect. This guy walks on water and and we can't survive without him. He is The One. If we don't get him, we're doomed.

5. WE'RE DOOMED.

6. I can't believe we missed out on this guy. Our staff sucks. ND sucks. We effed everything up. Nobody likes us. ND is irrelevant.

7. Hmm. Maybe he didn't want to come in the first place.

8. You know what? There are other guys out there who are probably just as good. Maybe.

9. He was never that good anyway. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think ND said NO to HIM, not the other way around. He obviously sucks, so thank God we didn't get him. We dodged a bullet.

10. Hmm, never heard of this guy before...