Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ring Ring | by Jay

What the hell?

It's just awful, Dad. Something's rotten.

I can't figure it out. I've never seen an Irish team play so badly. Can you explain it to me?

They can't block and they can't tackle. They don't have any identity. They can't even run the ball for a one yard third down reliably. Right now it looks like camp was a total waste because they can't do anything right.

Jay, I've seen some BAD Irish teams. I was a freshman in '63 when we went 2-7. But this year might take the cake.

Good God. Who are we going to beat? Boston College? UCLA?

Right now Air Force could kill us.


Shit, this might be the year Navy finally breaks the streak.


It's just so damn depressing.

[long pause................]

So are you still going to the Michigan State game?

Heck, yeah.

Yeah, me too.