Friday, October 13, 2006

Talley's Out | by Jay

Pretty surprised to hear that Ron Talley left the team. Nobody has any specifics yet; the official release from the University only says that the decision was "mutual." The SBT contacted Talley for a short statement wherein he confirmed his departure.

"I went to class this morning," Talley told The Tribune via cell phone. "I had a 15-minute meeting with coach Weis this afternoon. We went over a couple of things, and at the end both parties decided it was best to go ahead and split."

Talley said he plans to finish the semester at Notre Dame, then look for another school. Unless he transfers to a school below the Div. I-A level, he will have to sit out next season to satisfy NCAA transfer rules. He would then have one year of eligibility remaining.

"I have no idea where I'll end up," Talley said. "I haven't really had a chance to give it much thought."
Not much more to say about Talley at this point. Maybe we'll find out more on Monday at Charlie's presser.